Expert Info

Posted by Paulmac
on 5 Oct 2022

I am currently living in the Czech Republic and awaiting my residency visa and a potential employer has asked for a work permit. I was wondering if  1. Do i need a work permit?

                                                            2. Do i have to apply for one and if so, how?

Any help you can provide would be really appreciated.


Many thanks

amma33 on 21 Oct 2022 - 17:45

Yes, you need a work permit, you must contact the Prague embassy in your country.

mandyatwell on 23 Nov 2022 - 11:30

I agree with the previous commenter. According to the law regulations, you should definitely have a work permit.

Expat Health Insurance

Cigna Health Insurance

Cigna Global Health Insurance.

Moving your family abroad can be intimidating, but learning about medical options such as family health insurance early on can help you settle successfully.

  • Comprehensive Family coverage, wherever you go
  • Paediatric coverage for well-child visits & immunizations
  • Access to dental and orthodontic care
  • 24/7 multilingual Customer Service

Get a quote from Cigna Global (10% off family health plans in June)

Moving Internationally?

Sirelo logo

International Movers. Get Quotes. Compare Prices.

Sirelo has a network of more than 500 international removal companies that can move your furniture and possessions to your new home. By filling in a form, you’ll get up to 5 quotes from recommended movers. This service is free of charge and will help you select an international moving company that suits your needs and budget.

Get your free no-obligation quotes from select removal companies now!