is it safe in bangkok in terms of pick pockets and purse snatching, i read a lot that says it is very common
Anonymous (not verified) on 30 Nov 2015 - 09:21
Hi, I live in Bangkok for quite a while now. I have never had any problem in Bangkok. Safe place. Now be careful about some touristic places in the South of Thailand. Some mafia gangs over there.
Anonymous (not verified) on 11 Apr 2014 - 09:45
Hi BKK Dave,

I would say that Bangkok is no more dangerous that other big bustling cities when it comes to petty crime and pickpocketing. I think in places like the night markets and on public transport you need to keep your eyes open as busy places are where pick pockets have most opportunity. Also just keep you expensive items out of sight so they don't draw attention to you.

I wouldn't let stories of pickpockting put you off going to Bangkok. It is  a really awesome city and as long as you are careful and take the necessary precautions you will be just fine. I really had no problems and didn't feel unsafe at all in Bangkok.

For a little more general information check out the Safety in Thailand page.

Good luck

GeoBlue International Health Insurance

GeoBlue

GeoBlue is one of the best international health insurance plans for US expats abroad or internationals residing in the USA. The GeoBlue Xplorer plan includes worldwide coverage and great customer service with access to a premium international network of hospitals and doctors including the Blue Cross Blue Shield network in the USA.

Get a quote from GeoBlue