Hi I was born in the UK but have my Canadian citizenship. Id like to return to Calgary with my husband and two young children. My husband works in management in the sustainable materials industry (building materials, concrete etc) I am a Police Officer. We'd like to know what the job sector is like for building and sustainable materials industry? kind regards Vanessa Wheeler
Anonymous (not verified) on 14 Jul 2014 - 09:32
Hi Vanessa,

I think it would be a good idea to contact companies that operate within you husbands field of work to find out more about the sustainable materials industry and potential vacanies suitable for him.

Generally speaking, Calgary has a stronge economy which is growing steadily. The energy sector is the heart of Calgary's job market and anything related to oil is a good field to work in. 

You can find out more about job prospects in the city on the Working in Calgary page.

Best of luck with the job hunt.

Cigna Health Insurance -

Cigna Global can tailor an international health insurance plan to perfectly fit the needs of you and your family. With 86 million customers in over 200 countries, Cigna Global has unrivalled experience in dealing with varied and unique medical situations and delivering high standards of service wherever you live in the world. Cigna are offering a 10% discount on all policies bought in November and December.