on 11 Mar 2016

I am moving to India soon. I'm just wondering what is there to do in terms of entertainment. I've previously lived in London and New Yrk. I'm just worried I'll be bored in Mumbai.
Anonymous (not verified) on 16 Mar 2016 - 20:45
@Tom: What do you mean by 'third world city'? Do you know what 'third world' really mean?
Shantalie on 11 Mar 2016 - 13:13

You'll be surprised. There is lots of keep you busy in Mumbai. Sure it'll be different from London and NYC but I Mumbai is a bustling metropolis. In addition to the historic sites, museums and great shopping, you  will find that the nightlife is Mumbai is pretty good. You should check out the Lifestyle in Mumbai pages for more information.

Are you coming to Mumbai along? How long is your expat assignment?
Dave on 11 Mar 2016 - 13:14
Hi 

My initial job offer is just for year, but there is an option to renew that contract.

Yes, I am moving alone. How can I meet other people? Is the expat community in Mumbai large? What cultural sensitivities should I be aware of?
tompitman on 16 Mar 2016 - 15:24
You shouldn't get bored in Mumbai. The city is surprisingly cosmopolitan with friendly locals, good restaurants and a fantastic lifestyle if you can afford it. Sure, it's not London or NY, but buzzy and exciting third world city. 
Shantalie on 14 Mar 2016 - 11:00

What kind of activities you like doing?

Maybe you can try some expat groups or sports clubs as a way of meeting new people!

Anonymous (not verified) on 24 May 2016 - 14:11
Hi, Is there a way to connect with expats living in Mumbai or any other city? I'm unable to find a genuine forum. Any help would be appreciated
AlexL on 26 May 2016 - 14:19
Hi Anonymous

Have you tried the Meetup app? This can be very useful to meet other expats in a social setting.

Alternatively, maybe try searching for expat groups on Facebook.

Kind regards,
Alex