Expert Info

Posted by Louis Florence
on 21 Mar 2022

What sort of visa do we (2 adults - Canadian, and 2 children age 3 and 7) need to live in Paris France and have our children attend public school there - grade 3 (CE2) and JK (Maternelle). We expect to be there for 4 months, or possibly one school year. Thank you

Wian Prinsloo on 23 Mar 2022 - 15:27

Hi Louis.

You would have to apply for a long-stay visa. Additionally, you would need proof of residence in the form of a signed lease for the kids to apply at a local school. Check out our Schools guide for France and Paris for more information.

Good luck,


Expat Health Insurance

Cigna Health Insurance -

Cigna Global

If you’re thinking about taking out private health insurance, our trusted partner Cigna Global is very aware of all the difficulties that expats can face when it comes to healthcare in a new location, so they have created a range of international health insurance plans specifically designed for expats, which you can tailor exactly to the needs and ensure access to quality care for you and your family.

Get a quote from Cigna Global

Moving Companies

Sirelo logo

Moving Internationally?

Sirelo has a network of more than 500 international removal companies that can move your furniture and possessions to your new home. By filling in a form, you’ll get up to 5 quotes from recommended movers. This service is free of charge and will help you select an international moving company that suits your needs and budget.

Get your free no-obligation quotes now!