Hi there

I'm moving to Philadelphia in the next few months and was wondering about the procedures for renting there. How do utilities and things work? I heard the city has problems with crime- are there any areas that could be recommended?

Thanks for the help with public transport, looks like I won't need a car.

Best

Phil 

Xavier on 26 Aug 2013 - 08:00
Hi Phil

You can have a look at our Accommodation in Philadelphia section for some info on renting procedures in the city. 

In terms of utilities in Philadelphia, what you pay for normally depends on whether you're renting a house or an apartment. Normally, in apartments, landlords will often pay for heating and water. When renting a house, the tenant will often be responsible for all of the utilities. 

There is more info in the section, but I hope this helps.

Best,

Xavier