Posted by Jotunhammer
So, Im going for a extended stay in Madeira. and I am taking some painkillers called Citodon in swedish, they are 500mg paracetamol and 30mg codein and I was wondering if that is possible to attain in Portugal/Maderia through the local pharmacy and how hard it is to get, I do have prescription in sweden, in swedish. How would I go about attaining that while I am in Madeira?
Meagan on 4 Sep 2017 - 09:34
Hi Jotunhammer,

You should be able to pick up a similar medication called Doluron or Doluron Fort. If you're unsure, you can always ask the pharmacist for a medication with the same chemical components, as you've done here. As far as I know Doluron is available over the counter, although OTC meds are often cheaper if you have a prescription from a local doctor. If it turns out you do need a prescription, I'm not sure the one you have from home will suffice, especially as it's in a foreign language. In that case you'd need to either visit a local doctor or ask a local pharmacist about OTC alternatives.

William Russell Health Insurance

William Russell

William Russell is a boutique insurance company, that values itself on its great customer service and is underwritten by Allianz. They provide health, life, and income protection insurance for expats around the world. With a global network of 40,000 hospitals and doctors, their health insurance plans are designed so that they follow you to whatever country you move to next.

Get a quote from William Russell