I am a resident of Mallorca and I have a NIE number. I'm unemployed, 59 and married to a retired a teacher. My husband has private medical insurance with Sanitas, but I am ineligible for any private insurance because I had cancer 4 years ago but I am now for the last happily clear of this for the last 3.5 y.ears. Currently I cannot get any health cover - and it's worrying me greatly. I know you can make monthly payments into the Spanish mainland health care system but I don't know how I can go about arranging this in Mallorca. Do I need to go to Gestoria? Do I have to apply for residencia even though I have a NIE? There are so many conflicting opinions on this. I am happy to pay-in to the Mallorcan health care system Any help on this would be greatly received. Thank you, Denise

Cigna Health Insurance -

Cigna Global can tailor an international health insurance plan to perfectly fit the needs of you and your family. With 86 million customers in over 200 countries, Cigna Global has unrivalled experience in dealing with varied and unique medical situations and delivering high standards of service wherever you live in the world. Cigna are offering a 10% discount on all policies bought in November and December.