Expert Info

Posted by
on 28 Feb 2012
I have an offer to move to Zurich, my wife is a dental surgeon in London, she is qualified in India, and has passed her Registration exams required by the UK dental association and has been practicing dentistry in London since the past 7 years. Can she continue her practice in Zurich if we move there???
Anonymous (not verified) on 29 Feb 2012 - 06:54
Hi Biju-

Your wife will need to contact the Executive Board for Swiss Medical Examinations to have her diploma or UK accreditation recognised in Switzerland. I'm not sure how tedious the process is, nor am I sure an Indian diploma (but a UK accreditation) will not demand extra tests. Here's some helpful documentation - SSO: For Dentists in Switzerland

If neither of you are EU citizens, make sure your company also organises the appropriate residence permit for her - so she can effectively work. 

Anonymous (not verified) on 29 Feb 2012 - 22:22
Hi Stephanie, Many thanks for your prompt reply. Yes we both are British Citizens, and hence the permit is no issue, obviously my prospective employer will arrange for the required residence permit. Thanks for the links for my wife.
Anonymous (not verified) on 3 Mar 2012 - 19:15
Hi Stephanie, Could you please suggest some names of estate agents in Zurich. This would be for a long term stay are considering moving to Zurich. Many thanks.
Anonymous (not verified) on 13 Jul 2012 - 06:35
Hi Stephanie, I am a dentist qualified in India and as after marraige i am going to get settle in Zurich could you please let me know under which exam i have to go through so i can practice over there in Zurich.
Anonymous (not verified) on 13 Jul 2012 - 14:32
Hi Anonymous

You will need to get your qualification accredited by the Executive Board for Swiss Medical Examinations. If your degree is not from a recognised institution you may need to get a separate Swiss qualification before you open a private practice.

I suggest contacting the Swiss Dental Association ( dircectly for more information about how to get your qualification accredited.

Have a look at Visas for Switzerland for more info about how to work legally in Switzerland.
Anonymous (not verified) on 13 Jul 2013 - 19:51
I'm a dental nurse here in london. I want to move to Switzerland I wonder if I can apply a job there as a dental nurse for British people living in Swiss. Thanks.
Anonymous (not verified) on 2 Jun 2014 - 01:09
I am having dental specialist(orthodontic) qualification from india. I intend to practice in belgium where my husband is presently sent from india to work in software let me know the procedur.I know only english.
Anonymous (not verified) on 28 Oct 2014 - 02:29
Where is a US dental license recognized in EU? And what is the process to be able to practice in Switzerland or other neighboring countries? Thanks Aleks

Expat Health Insurance

Cigna Health Insurance

Cigna Global Health Insurance.

Moving your family abroad can be intimidating, but learning about medical options such as family health insurance early on can help you settle successfully.

  • Comprehensive Family coverage, wherever you go
  • Paediatric coverage for well-child visits & immunizations
  • Access to dental and orthodontic care
  • 24/7 multilingual Customer Service

Get a quote from Cigna Global

Moving Internationally?

Sirelo logo

International Movers. Get Quotes. Compare Prices.

Sirelo has a network of more than 500 international removal companies that can move your furniture and possessions to your new home. By filling in a form, you’ll get up to 5 quotes from recommended movers. This service is free of charge and will help you select an international moving company that suits your needs and budget.

Get your free no-obligation quotes from select removal companies now!