Dear friends, I am coming Acrra, Ghana for next one year. I want to know the food cost at ghana. My employer will provide me residence and car for local travelling. I have to pay for my food. I am a pure vegetarian person. please suggest me how much money is required for one single person for one month. please guide me in both the conditions if i will eat outside everyday. or if i will cook at home everyday. Please also guide me about the equipment which is generally used for cooking the food means like gas is used in india. Please also guide me about drinking water, is the drinking water is supplied by government also i should purchase everyday bottles of water and how much money is required for buying one letter bottle of water.
Anonymous (not verified) on 18 Sep 2015 - 15:30
You will cook at home everyday.Milk products and vegetables are quite expensive in Accra. For one person you would need somewhere $500.In Accra we have an Indian restaurants around,then you budget must be much more. We use electrical and gas staves, it is depends of you accommodation where you are going to stay.You will have to purchase drinking water every day in bottles from supermarkets, one liter is 1/4 of 1$, but the pipe's water is safe if you boiled before and cool. Local people buying sachet water, which is safe for drinking and it is much chipper.