Hi, I had been offered a job in Hanoi, with 5000 USD/month as my salary; I just wanted to know - What would be the approx. net amount after tax deduction? - Is 5000 USD a good amount for a family of two (myself and my wife) to live a decent lifestyle in Hanoi. Thanks
Shantalie on 8 Apr 2014 - 12:44
Hi Ankur,

I think its possible to live well on USD 5000 per month in Vietnam. You biggest cost will be accommodation and schools fees (but maybe your employer will be covering this.)

You can use the Cost of Living in Vietnam page to get an idea of average expenses you will have in Vietnam.

Good luck,
.
Hanoi housing … on 16 Apr 2014 - 17:51
Hi Ankur, Welcome to Hanoi, Vietnam. With 5000$/month you can live well in VietNam. Don't worry about that. You or your company may pay 700$/month-1000$/month for housing. 1000$/month for eating and consupmtion 500$/month for travel You still save 2500$/month If you need any my help about service apartment in Hanoi, pls let me know as I have 6 years in working real estate in Hanoi. I can help you with the best price in a best place. If you have time, pls chat with me at facebook: Trung Kien Nguyen (hanoi) my daughter pictures Website: hanoiluxuryapartments.com Cheers, Ms Huyen Pham
rampant on 11 Jul 2015 - 04:24
The average vietnamese earns 200-400 a month. You will pay more than them due to being an expat, but 5k USD a month you will live like a king.