Hi all! I am moving to Hanoi on the 9th/10th of September (leaving this until the last minute I know) and I am speaking to a woman about renting an apartment for three months. I just wanted to know what is a normal/fair price for renting and which suburbs are the best for living in from September until possibly January next year. She has quoted me $350(Approx Australian) for four weeks rent in a fully furnished apartment near West lake. I understand there has been some flooding recently and so she has assured me that the paint has been redone and when it has been completed she will be sending me photos. Any ideas?
Xavier on 26 Aug 2013 - 09:15
Hi Jade

Hopefully one of our expats in Hanoi gets back to you. 

In the meantime, have a look at the Accommodation in Vietnam page for a bit more info, you might also want to have a look at the Cost of Living in Vietnam page.

The average price of an apartment in the city is around AUD 540. So, AUD 350 seems like a faily good deal. I would get photos of the apartment, inside and out, ASAP before making a decision though.

Most expats do live around the West Lake (or Tay Ho) area, so it seems like you're headed in the right direction.

Good luck, and enjoy your experience!

Best,

Xavier

Jade Thomas on 27 Aug 2013 - 02:22
Thank you Xavier! I'll check those out right away :)
Anonymous (not verified) on 5 Sep 2013 - 08:47
Hi Jade, I am Hong (Ms). It's nice to hear from you. I do hope that you can let me know if you need any help. I have been working in real estate for 5 years. With my experiences, I do believe that I can help you. If you are wondering about renting a good apt in Hanoi, pls visit my page: http://lehongbds18.blogspot.com/ It's a detail listing of properties for rent in Hanoi. Pls keep in touch and hope to see you in Hanoi. All the best, Hong