on 21 Mar 2015
Hi, I'm a professional who has been presented with a possible opportunity to move to Denmark. I'm a non-EU citizen. I'm a naval architect; In my previous position (in the USA), I earned $76000 p.a.+ $10000 variable overtime pay. I've been very keen to dive into the offshore wind energy sector in Denmark, so this isn't really a move for the money, however, I do not want to undercut myself on the pay (+the higher taxes in Denmark), I'd like to know what would be a good salary of a professional in the Danish maritime sector. I have an MSc degree in my field (Naval Architecture) from the USA and 2 years of experience in the maritime sector in the USA. I really appreciate your time to advise me on this query of mine. Thanks, Ben
Shantalie on 23 Mar 2015 - 13:05
Hi Henship,

Its hard for me to say what your salary expectations should be but pay in Denmark is generally pretty good. I think you should have a look at the Cost of Living in Denmark page to work out what you would need to maintain your standard of living in Denmark.

Good luck