Expert Info

Posted by Adam Harmon
on 4 Nov 2020

I'm looking for how to go about applying for a work visa for the Philippines, but my company is US based and we just outsource there. Everything I see so far says my company has to apply for me but do they have to be Philippines based? Or can my US employers apply for me?

Anonymous (not verified) on 9 Nov 2020 - 06:39

Hi Adam,

Getting a work permit and visa usually seems complicated at first. Fortunately, in most cases, employers bear most of the burden. Have you read our page on Visas for the Philippines?

As far as I can see, this is true if a company operates in the Philippines, is formally registered and follows tax obligations of the country. Companies would then have to apply to be able to hire foreign workers. Have you consulted your current employers on this? They would need to be aware of similar processes as they have outsourced work there.

To take the weight off your shoulders, a good solution is a relocation company. Do you know if your company has already enlisted the services of a relocation firm?

Hope this helps.


Expat Health Insurance

Cigna Health Insurance -

Cigna Global

If you’re thinking about taking out private health insurance, our trusted partner Cigna Global is very aware of all the difficulties that expats can face when it comes to healthcare in a new location, so they have created a range of international health insurance plans specifically designed for expats, which you can tailor exactly to the needs and ensure access to quality care for you and your family.

Get a quote from Cigna Global

Moving Companies

Sirelo logo

Moving Internationally?

Sirelo has a network of more than 500 international removal companies that can move your furniture and possessions to your new home. By filling in a form, you’ll get up to 5 quotes from recommended movers. This service is free of charge and will help you select an international moving company that suits your needs and budget.

Get your free no-obligation quotes now!