Expert Info

Posted by nevbrown
on 1 Jul 2018

I have a full UK driving licence, which expires in 2027 - I dont have a Philippines driving licence yet. I want to purchase a vehicle (for cash). Am I allowed to own the vehicle in my own name - as an expat?

Daniela de Castro on 2 Jul 2018 - 08:51

Hi there

Expats in the Philippines are allowed to own and purchase cars. However, to own a car in the Philippines you will need a valid vehicle insurance policy. If you are planning to drive in the country for more than 90 days then you will likely need to get a local driving license. 

Have a look at our guide to transport and driving in the Philippines for more information.

- Daniela

Expat Health Insurance

Cigna Health Insurance -

Cigna Global

If you’re thinking about taking out private health insurance, our trusted partner Cigna Global is very aware of all the difficulties that expats can face when it comes to healthcare in a new location, so they have created a range of international health insurance plans specifically designed for expats, which you can tailor exactly to the needs and ensure access to quality care for you and your family.

Get a quote from Cigna Global

Moving Companies

Sirelo logo

Moving Internationally?

Sirelo has a network of more than 500 international removal companies that can move your furniture and possessions to your new home. By filling in a form, you’ll get up to 5 quotes from recommended movers. This service is free of charge and will help you select an international moving company that suits your needs and budget.

Get your free no-obligation quotes now!