Posted by vimaltandan
on 10 Dec 2016

So my partner based in Istanbul and I have registered a company in India. What are the procedures to apply for a visa for her now, to come and conduct business in India?

The eligibility on all the official websites say :

Visas for directors and employees of a company in India
A multiple entry business visa is issued for a period of five years to shareholders and directors provided all the requirements are met.

But nowhere can I find the exact procedure to apply for the same. The only info they have on the official website is for a Business VISA, which can only be obtained if you are employed here, or here on business from a company in that particular country or if an Indian Company invites you.

Can you please guide me on how to apply for a business visa for a foreign director with a registered company in India?

Thank you.

Meagan on 12 Dec 2016 - 06:49

We have some information related to this on our Visas for India page but I'm still not sure whether this information is quite what you're looking for, either. I think it would be best for her to contact her local Indian embassy directly for information on how to proceed.

What nationality is she?

Meagan on 13 Dec 2016 - 07:03
Hmm. She might need to go there in person or else consult an immigration lawyer. Information on specialised visas can sometimes be very difficult to find so I think in this case these might be your only options. Best of luck, and let me know if you have any more questions.
Anonymous (not verified) on 12 Dec 2016 - 15:29
Hi Meagan, She is from Istanbul, Turkey. Also, she has been trying to contact the consulate, but to no avail. The only response she did get was the generic info on the Business Visa.
Anonymous (not verified) on 25 Jan 2017 - 15:57
I have also same issue. I am from Istanbul , Turkey. Now I have tourist visa but I have a partner here and I would like to get a business visa. If you found out what to do, can you please message me. Thanks..