Posted by micah
Hi, Basically, in 2 years time i want to move to New York City in Brooklyn. I am trying to convince a friend of my to live with me since it will be easier and a big help money wise. My question is what process should i do now? Also i am a web developer so do most web developer job provider sponsor? Also my last question which sites are handy for finding apartment especially in Brooklyn? Micah
Meagan on 26 Jul 2016 - 11:33
Hi micah,

I think the best thing you can do right now is to do exactly what you're doing already - researching, planning, and looking at different options for how you might be able to achieve your ultimate goal of moving to New York.

The first thing I would recommend reading up on is visas, especially pertaining to visas for your nationality, as there are often different regulations applicable to people from particular countries.

I think you'll find the following pages useful: Visas for the USA, Working in New York City, and FAQs about New York City.

Happy reading!

micah on 2 Aug 2016 - 23:52
Hi Meagan, I forgot to mention i am from UK in London, so would that give me an advantage? Also, what are the chances of getting a job in New York is it more harder since i am not citizen? Micah