Posted by jackblak90
on 12 Oct 2016

Hi all,

I shall be moving to NYC in January, from London UK. Fortunately my employer shall cover my rent for 6 months (up to $5k/month). On top of that, I will be making $160k base.
Where is a decent spot for a 30yr bachelor with no baggage. I like to eat at a very nice place once a week, visit the theatre once every couple months, and hit a trendy club (hip hop/rnb) every other friday/saturday night.

Our office will be around 350 Park avenue, and I don't really want more than a 15min subway commute.

Where in Manhattan would you recommend?

Thanks in advance

Shantalie on 13 Oct 2016 - 15:05

Hi JackBlack!

Congrats on the job and the exciting move to NYC.

I think it is a good idea to check out a few real estate sites to get an idea of what you can expect to pay in different parts of Manhatten.

Remember, public transport in NYC is great so you get about fairly easily without too much possible.

Read the Areas and Suburbs of NYC page to get an insight into different nieghbourhoods and what the benefits of living in each of them is. 

How soon are you moving?

ChloeCt on 26 Oct 2016 - 23:00
Hi Jack, Congrats on the new job. Moving to NYC is definitely an exciting experience! Deciding where to live can be difficult if you're unfamiliar with the city as there are many different neighborhoods offering different things. I work for the largest real estate company in NYC and can help make your transition be as smooth as possible. Contact me through my site and I'd be more than happy to help you with your search and making this process a great one! http://www.nakedapartments.com/me/chloect-elliman