Expert Info

Posted by
on 27 May 2014
Hi I'm thinking of giving New York at try some time next year and was just wondering how I would go about it. I'm originally from Scotland but now living in Perth Western Australia with my girlfriend. We are just wondering what type of visa would be best for us and costs of the visa and stuff. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers Robert
Xavier on 27 May 2014 - 07:52
Hi Robert

It really depends on what you want to do, and what your qualifications and experience are. Our Visas for the USA page give a nice overview of the visa system there, and I'd also have a look at the Work permits for the USA page.

As for some info on New York, the guide starts with Moving to New York City but I'd pay special attention to Working in New York.

Good luck with the process, I hope it works out for you guys. For information on costs, have a look at the website for your nearest US embassy or consulate. 



Expat Health Insurance


Cigna Global

With 86 million customer relationships in over 200 countries, Cigna Global has unrivalled experience in dealing with varied and unique medical situations and delivering high standards of service wherever you live in the world.

Get a quote from Cigna Global


Moving Internationally?

Sirelo has a network of more than 500 international removal companies that can move your furniture and possessions to your new home. By filling in a form, you’ll get up to 5 quotes from recommended movers. This service is free of charge and will help you select an international moving company that suits your needs and budget.

Get your free no-obligation quotes now!