Hi I'm thinking of giving New York at try some time next year and was just wondering how I would go about it. I'm originally from Scotland but now living in Perth Western Australia with my girlfriend. We are just wondering what type of visa would be best for us and costs of the visa and stuff. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers Robert
Xavier on 27 May 2014 - 07:52
Hi Robert

It really depends on what you want to do, and what your qualifications and experience are. Our Visas for the USA page give a nice overview of the visa system there, and I'd also have a look at the Work permits for the USA page.

As for some info on New York, the guide starts with Moving to New York City but I'd pay special attention to Working in New York.

Good luck with the process, I hope it works out for you guys. For information on costs, have a look at the website for your nearest US embassy or consulate. 

Best,

Xavier