on 13 Feb 2013
Hello

Can anyone help me with this? I'm moving to Jakarta and need to know if I can open a bank account there. I'm Irish, are foreigners allowed to have bank accounts in Indo?

Thanks
Anonymous (not verified) on 13 Feb 2013 - 14:54
Hi Jonny

Yes you can definitely open a bank account in Indonesia as a foreigner. You can also get a credit card if you need to, but be aware that credit card fraud is a problem in Indo.

Have a look at our page on Banking, money and taxes in Indonesia to find out everything you need to know about opening a bank account in Indonesia. We have listed all the documents required and also explain how expats in Indonesia are taxed.

I hope this helps.

Candice
Anonymous (not verified) on 14 Feb 2013 - 18:23
Hi Jonny, you will need your work permit and stay permit before you can open a bank account. There are plenty of options available with local and foreign banks but you need to have that document in place
Anonymous (not verified) on 20 Feb 2013 - 13:11
of course you can open bank account in jakarta by using kitas, please do not hesitate to contact me lunaskaya@yahoo.com
Anonymous (not verified) on 20 Feb 2013 - 13:17
yes, you can open bank account by using kitas, please do not hesitate to contact me: lunaskaya@yahoo.com

Cigna Health Insurance -

If you’re thinking about taking out private health insurance, our trusted partner Cigna Global is very aware of all the difficulties that expats can face when it comes to healthcare in a new location, so they have created a range of international health insurance plans specifically designed for expats, which you can tailor exactly to the needs and ensure access to quality care for you and your family.