Good Day! I’m moving to Nigeria for two years and I would like to have a couple of questions answered is possible. If I need to send money home as I would like to keep my SA bank account, what is the best way to do it and the cheapest? Will it be better to have a bank account in Nigeria or can they pay it directly into my SA account (Absa) I will be staying in Ikeja. Second Question, What do the expats use to prevent malaria, a person can not drink to medication provided by doctors permanently as I heard very bad things with regards to drinking it long term? Thank you
Anonymous (not verified) on 14 Apr 2016 - 09:49
Hi jscpiso

Have you spoken to your employer about an option to be paid into your SA account?

It'll ultimatley be up to them. You'll probably be better off being paid into a Nigerian account so you avoid be charged for international transfers.

Reaf the Banking, Money and Taxes in Nigeria page for more information. 

Cigna Health Insurance -

For anyone starting a new life abroad, ensuring access to good quality healthcare is essential. Cigna Global are specialists in providing international health plans for expats, ensuring you have access to quality care and support whenever you need it. Cigna’s health plans can be tailored exactly to meet the individual needs of you and your family.